PERSONAL BEST RESPECT BELONGING RESPONSIBILITY ACADEMIC LEADERS
Congratulations To The Class Of 2020!
Congratulations to Daisy Sturzaker, our College Dux with an ATAR of 95.45 and recipient of the RSC Art Acquisition Award.
Rosebud Secondary College history
Rosebud High School was founded in 1954, on the 20 acre site at the corner of Eastbourne and Boneo Roads, where it is still located today.
With an enrolment of almost 300 students, a foundation staff of 10 teachers established a learning community in just seven classrooms. More and more buildings were added throughout the 1950s and 1960s, including the Assembly Hall, which was built in 1967 and continues to be used for indoor sports, exams and other school events today.
By the mid 1980s, enrolments had grown to over 1300 students and the two-story brick building at the centre of the school was completed in 1986. Rosebud High School became Rosebud Secondary College in 1989.
In 2007, the most recent major redevelopment of the College was completed; the original timber wings were replaced with new buildings, in a layout that better supports contemporary education.
This included new facilities for Science, Visual Arts, Library, Technology, Administration, Middle School and General Purpose Classrooms. Part of this redevelopment included the addition of the Southern Peninsula Arts Centre to the Rosebud Secondary College facilities. In 2011, our Language Centre was completed.
In 2016, our Hands On Learning students created a memorial garden at the front of the College in memory of a former teacher and assistant principal, Michael Mann. The archway from the original Rosebud High School front gate was incorporated into this garden and provides a visual reference of the College’s history for our current students and staff as they enter the College’s grounds each day.