Rosebud Secondary College (RSC) has a policy of compulsory uniform for all students. The wearing of the College uniform promotes individual and collective pride in our students and a sense of identification with the College. This policy recognises the importance of the College profile in the broader community and the importance of developing good grooming in preparations for work environments beyond the school years. The College expects a cohesive and responsible partnership from students, families and staff to achieve the uniform standards.
- To promote a sense of cohesion and school spirit.
- To present a positive image of the College and its students to the community.
- To provide an attractive uniform of good quality and value for money, that maintains continuity over the years and not affected by rapidly changing fashion trends.
- To provide comfort for seasonal changes, as well as modesty, freedom of movement and safety for all students.
- To encourage an inclusive school community which seeks to remove discrimination based on financial, religious, cultural or other differences.
Since 2002, The RSC uniform has been identified with the Green/Yellow/Grey colour scheme and the Logo (‘Rosebud ship’) and motto “minds conscious of right”.
A uniform committee is established annually to meet on an as need basis between formal review dates. All changes involve wide consultation with representatives of the school community, parents, students, staff, uniform suppliers. Decisions include reference to up-to-date evidence from DET guidelines, health policies ie sun smart and diversity principles. Changes to the uniform policy are ratified by the College School Council only after careful consideration of guiding principles.
The next review is due, June 2017.
The College Uniform Shop which operates from the Hall. For trading hours please contact the Front Office on 5986 8595.