The College is happy to run tours by request, for students entering at any year level. These tours are usually hosted by the Assistant Principal responsible for the year level that the child would be entering if they were to enrol. Our Open Evening will be held on Tuesday 21st of March 2017 from 5.30pm .
There are a range of scholarship available to students starting Year 7. These require a written application, teacher reference and interview. This process is completed during Term Two.
The College has a range of charges that relate to delivery of the curriculum. There are some high-cost subjects in areas such as Technology, Outdoor Education and VET Studies in senior years. All charge sheets are sent out in late Term Three.
To arrange a new enrolment interview, please call the College’s Front Office on 5986 8595 to make an appointment.
All students are supported in a range of ways when they start at Rosebud Secondary College. We have sub school system (Junior, Middle and Senior Schools) and Year Level Coordinators, who will monitor your child’s progress through their years at the school. There is a large wellbeing team who can support your child through a range of issues.
One of the key ways we support your child’s transition into the College is our Personal Development course, which runs from Years 7 to 9 as part of our Pastoral Program. Personal Development teaches student a range of skills and information to support their health and wellbeing. We aim to build healthy, resilient students who will thrive in school and adult life.
Year 7 Transition
Rosebud Secondary College works in partnership with regional primary schools to ensure students make a seamless transition into life at secondary school. This begins while the students are in Year 6, with Transition Interviews and Orientation Day in Term Four providing opportunities for them to meet their teachers and classmates, and learn their way around the College grounds.
On the first day of Term One:
Period 1: Students meet in the College Hall and are allocated into their form groups (as at Orientation Day.) Students are then welcomed into Hillview Stadium by rest of school for their first full-school assembly.
Period 2: Students meet with their Pastoral Care teacher to receive their lockers and their timetables, and have time to arrange the rest of their day.
Periods 3-6: Students attend their timetabled lessons.
Week 3 of Term One: Parent Morning Tea: Parents are invited to meet their child’s teachers at a light luncheon in the College Hall. Students also attend.
- Students participate in an Year 7 inter-class Kingball competition
- Year Level assemblies occur every Thursday at 8:50am in the Year 7 area
- House Swimming Sports: February 7th at Crib Point Swim Centre
- House Athletics Carnival: March 28th at Truemans Rd Reserve
- Health and Values Day: Paying it Forward
- Year 7 Mid-Year Awards Night
- Literacy and Numeracy Day
- November 27th: Year 8 Jumpstart program beigns
- December 13th– 15th: Year 7 camp to Phillip Island Adventure Resort
- Year 7 End of Year Awards night
THE TRANSITION PROCESS for GRADE 6 into YEAR 7 for the CLASS OF 2018
- March: Primary School visits from Transition team to talk about RSC and its upcoming Open Night
- Tuesday 21stth March: College Open Night from 5.30pm -7.30pm – Principal’s Address at 5:30pm and College tours begin at 6:00pm
- May 2017: Submission of DET ‘Application for Enrolment in a Secondary School, Year 7 2018 forms via your Primary school
- May 10th: Scholarship Applications close – submit direct to RSC
- May: Scholarship Interviews begin
- May 8th and 9th: SEAL Program Testing dates
- End of Term Two: SEAL Interviews conducted and successful applicants notified by August
- Mid Term Two: Performing Arts Program applications close – submit direct to RSC
- Auditions conducted late Term Two
- Term Two: Performing Arts Program interviews/auditions conducted and successful applicants notified by the start of September
- End of Term Three: Enrolment Packs distributed to the Primary Schools which includes Enrolment forms; LOTE selection forms; Acceptable use of IT contracts; RSC Non-Negotiables contract; PE & Sport participation forms
- October 13th: Enrolment forms are due to be returned to your Primary School
- November: Discovery Days for Grade 5 students
- November 28th – December 30th: Transition Interviews: a 15 minute chat with a RSC staff member
- December 12th: Orientation Day for Grade 6 students